Youth Ministry Institute Midwest (YMIM) partners with a talented and experienced team of ministry professionals to provide academic instruction, vocational coaching, job training, and whole-church consulting.
Our staff team is listed below.
Lead Staff and Consultants
YMIM provides whole-church consulting services to churches (assessments, mission studies, youth ministry strategic planning, personnel committee (SPRC) reviews, and staff search training). Our lead staff include:
- Matt Vaughan, YMIM director and youth leader at Village Presbyterian Church on Antioch, Overland Park, KS; Matt is the lead consultant and coach for YMIM.
- Emily Nelson Dixon, Youth Director at Salem Lutheran Church in Lenexa, KS; Emily is the lead developmental coach for YMIM.
Consulting and Coaching Staff
Coaches are provided to all Cohort Learning partners and other clients who request monthly coaching. The following YMIM faculty members provide coaching and consulting services.
- Rev. Brenda Davids, pastor at Council Grove United Methodist Church in Council Grove, KS.
- Rev. Todd Guinn, pastor at the United Methodist Church in Ulysses, KS.
- Rev. Justin Jamis, pastor at Mt. Vernon United Methodist Church in Wichita, KS.
- Brian Kuhn, youth director and licensed professional counselor at Webster Groves Presbyterian Church in St. Louis, MO.
- Barry Sanborn, youth director at First United Methodist Church in Joplin, MO.
- Rev. Cindi Stewart, pastor at First United Methodist Church in Columbus, NE.
- Rev. Zach Walker, associate pastor at Village Presbyterian Church in Prairie Village, KS.
- Ben Wheeler, youth director at First United Methodist Church in McPherson, KS.
- Rev. Karen Wright, associate pastor at Southminster Presbyterian Church in Prairie Village, KS.
Core Academic Team
YMIM partners with gifted professionals to teach core theological classes and multi-part workshops in the two year Cohort Learning program.
- Meredith Holladay, PhD; Central Baptist Theological Seminary.
- Jon Grenz, PhD; Palm Beach Atlantic University.
- Kristen Kvam, PhD; Saint Paul School of Theology.
- Phil Meckley, PhD; Kansas Wesleyan University.
- Rick Bartlett, D.Min; Tabor College.
Pastors, educators, counselors, nonprofit professionals, and leadership experts teach workshops in the two year Cohort Learning program and other conferences led by YMIM. Many YMIM coaches and members of the core academic team also teach workshops and are listed above.
- Chris Aytes, associate pastor at First United Methodist Church in Wamego, KS.
- Rev. Jason Carle, pastor at Overland Park Presbyterian Church in Overland Park, KS.
- Teri Chalker, social worker in Blue Valley School District in Overland Park, KS.
- Rev. Lee Johnson, associate pastor at Asbury United Methodist Church in Prairie Village, KS.
- Victoria Luhrs, educator for Kansas City, Kansas, public schools.
- Dave MaGee, director of small groups at United Methodist Church of the Resurrection in Leawood, KS.
- Desiree’ Reinke, paraprofessional with Blue Valley School District in Overland Park, KS.
- Carissa Welsh, social worker and youth minister at the United Methodist Church in Tonganoxie, KS.
- D.J. Whetter, Director of KC Area Initiatives at the Kansas Leadership Center.
- Kevin Wilder, instructor at Hesston College in Hesston, KS.